Wednesday, February 22, 2006

They pay me to do this?!??

Last nite was my inaugural DJ gig @ Genna's. Tho' my transitions started off choppy, a leg fell offa my turntable, and I seem to have lost the power cable for my external hard drive, thusly separating myself from my digital music vaults until I can find 'dat puppy, it was... well... awesome. Fun as crap. No kiddin', either. Of course, it was also pretty much dead, and though I was promised that I didn't drive anybody out this also means that the real test of my skillz on the wheelz of steel and aluminum-cased-cheater-jukebox will have to wait until there is actually somebody there that would complain to me about the shitty kuts that I choose. Catchdubs I ain't, folks. But I promise it will only be a matter of weeks until I am crab-scratching my dual copies of Toasted Marshmallow Breaks while supremely wasted on the free Point I'll invariably be quaffing.

Today was, then, awesome... I somehow dodged a much-deserved hangover, finished a bunch of work (not frequent in my day-to-day), soaked up a meager amount of sun, and all without the help of a functioning iPod. The biggest worry I am having is that it seems that a couple of record orders I am waiting on have taken a rather long arrival time, sparking some nagging package-theft doubts. I'll kill any mutha that lays finger on my goodz. Be forwarned, vinylthieves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home