Sunday, January 14, 2007

Slump Kings

Who knew that, what with all the searching for "culture", wallowing at home attempting to differentiate myself from other carpet-dwellers (using my mind), questioning why is it that my eyes feel, well, the only word for it would have to be sour, and all that other winter-season-type recreational loathing (reflective, refractive, but never responsive), well whoda knew that the one thing keeping me from happiness wasn't just repeated listenings of the two Rhythm & Sound 10"s I currently own, or even the two Basic Channel 12"s, or balling up my lethargy-cultivated Brillo-chinned slack-jawedness with the crash and shimmer catharsis (sorry) of them ol' Fushitsusha sides... no, dude... it's a slow cooker.

Ahem:

"If I gotta stew, I wanna stew witchoo"

And that's all there is to it. Now there is a chance against the vinegar foot smell. Now there is opportunity to claim I am a gourmand while really I just sit and smell the two year old spices from the once-merely-decorative spinning rack slowly melt meat and tater, and it's like my weekend has a reason to live. Now I get to claim I am "pairing" it with Trappist ale or whatever.

Now I just throw crap in a pot and turn a knob one click to the right.

And it has proved to me that the less I am involved with this stuff, the better it turns out. I actually have my girlfriend turn the knob that one click, just to make sure. And know what? It works.

I was tempted to apply this less-involved-is-more approach to other aspects of my life, but then I realized that I already do. Need some work-help, coworker? Somebody already wrote this little open-source hunk of code that is much more streamlined and effective then what I'd put together! Want to hang out? Too bad, I've got a Netflix subscription and a library card motherfucker!

Seriously, this is the best winter ever. Recommend some books to me. Oversized print ones.

---------------------------------------------

Outwardly, though, in relation to something else: We're finally getting a bit of snow. Normally I only resort to weather discussions when I'm actually forced to make chatter w/ the many strangers out there, but this time it's serious. I'm glad we finally get to dabble in snow, not because I own an old bedazzled Young Jeezy shirt or anything, but 'cause it totally sets some mood for the Sähkö Finnimal (doble perdón) techno that got repressed last year, if I know right (possible).

Back when I was a bit more hormonally crazed and of liquid assets I once made the mistake of listening to Pan Sonic's Aaltopiiri during a solo 2am drive between Green Bay and Totally Nowhere, Wisco. I'm just disclosing that the "beats" "crafted" of negative charge pulses and whatever-cycle hum they fuck with just make a solo driving man all foggy-headed and incapacitated. Do not operate equipment, I suppose might be the words. I guess I should just feel lucky that it was prior to the massive Kesto causing certain low-speed collisions.

The Sähkö releases I've had pleasure to clutch have, like most of my fave things, managed to rewind my skull and make me realize what a doof I was thinking I thought that things were the way things weren't. Total repiping thru & thru. This stuff is supposedly all from 'round back '93-ish and makes me wanna ice chip up a puukko and throw up a discotheque inside a Lappi reindeer. Makes the cynical detachment and empty-vessel nonemotion of all them model facial fotos look like the blubbery histrionix-passionstorm of *ahem*...

"[Vainio's kickdrum] was soft and cool,
[his snares] were clear and bright,
but [he's] not there."

All the releases I'm currently filthying w/ my nubbins are under the name Ø, which is apparently pronounced "Ohm" but I like to think of as "Null Set". I can't share, 'cause all I've got is vinyl, but there's digital media available if you click about. I would advise that yes, you bother tryin' to find [them]. I swear no attempts at synergy here; I doubt myself capable of any "nergy", but here's a link to some actual facts (that I think I maybe got offa 200lbu tho' I don't see it in the nasty sidebar anymore), if you want further reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home