Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Pain in the Annual: Short and sweet, but I do dig Loren Connors

Two more hits for you, my sweet rooks. I keep this short 'cause I just don't have the concentration. For which, I suppose, I oughta include Rogue brewery on my year-end list.

Loren Connors -- Night Through
A New York avant blues institution or some such, hadn't really heard anything from this chappy until last year. Late to the ballpark, my hotdog is cold. Lucky for me Family Vineyard put out this three disc set of many of his impossible-to-locate assorted-format releases. My penchant for abused slides throbs with glee. Now I gotta check his Haino collabos...

This Heat -- Out of Cold Storage
I guess this'll make this post a collection of condensed entries on expanded retrospectives. Prolly 'bout right. I went through hassle to get this beast (but you needn't!), and am now likely shitlisted by ReR head-honchos in not one but two English speaking nations. Fortunately, the lovely 6 disc package isself has convinced me to prepare to return to a prelingual status, meaning said nations needn't worry 'bout me for long. Plenty of klang and jaggedness, yup, and
somewhere they snuck int he meloharmonee to take one back to how it all should have pushed forward, if only we weren't in a place where none of this has been available for as long as I've been cognative. 'Til now! Heed. We needn't have yet another year of Bloc Monkees. Need we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home