Monday, November 13, 2006

Mass

I picked up a sampler of stouts to keep things heavy, in honor of the Sunn O)))/Boris jawn as well as all that dubstep that has been oozing my way as of late. So far all I can tell you is that Big Bear Black Stout is pretty good, though after reading half of Denis Johnson's Already Dead I'm wary of any CA beverage that ain't just wine. Also learned that dubstep producers enjoy single word names, generally of 2-3 syllables, that are often impenetrable to my midwestern eyes, but tend to evoke feelings of people in really cool jackets hanging out in dark warehouses with much better smoke then I've seen.

Aside from booze and big ol' wavelengths, my fave thing of today was the bitchfest that broke out following Chris Ott's skewering of the Decemberists in the Village Voice. Yeah, some dude panned Altar on this site too, but so far as I care to check (I didn't) nobody from/dating a member of Sunn O))) or Boris logged on to register a rebuttal that lead to a total goatee-fest of back-n-forth that practically reeks of stale cloves and, like, yellow'd literature or something.

P.S. my Kalevala-source song-cycle dropping t-minus 8 months. Just "engineering" shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home