Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Pain in the annual: Fuck it. Just fuck it.

There is other stuff I liked this year, but I am tired from hating on bottles for awhile. Tomorrow I start my spree of lazing and cable, so why should I write then?

My favorite thing of the year, I must tell you, with no doubt, is the genre Pitchfork called "boring" in their paragraph on their least favorite favorite single of the year. It be dubstep. And I like to be bored by it.

Yup. Digital Mystikz/Loefah/Skream/Twitchy Droid Leg/Shackleton/Appleblim/
Milanese/Kode 9 & the Spaceape... this is what made me finally decide to smile at some point in time some months ago.

My overall fave of this fave was no doubt Burial, though. I wrote some stuff on Burial sometime. He made it onto a few Pitchfork staffers individual lists, and I think both Dusted's Crumsho and Igloo Mag's Luca Maini (sic?) loved this shit, making it officially enjoyed by the people with the best names in criticism. Dig on.

I think next year I may for the first time in my life attempt to do a standard top ten countdown thinger, 'cause this made me keep forgetting stuff and was just kind of rancid.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to browse Tectonic plate 10"s on Forced Exposure. See you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home