Monday, January 22, 2007

My teeth never fit together the same way more than twice anymore; they make a pill for that?

Spent the day with spiced lamb and onion-whiff on my knuckles. Gotta admit... I liked it. Probably gonna do a bit of raw dabbing each morning from now on; a man what's found his scent is a man what's found his calling-card.

Of course, if yer yust yelling like yours unruly, not really calling per se, the assumed difference being the existence of a known and specific recipient of yawps emitted, then a card of calling is certainly perhaps a bit unnecessary. Like leaving a thank you note tacked in the Mariana Trench. Ah, life.

This week has certainly been what oughta be/is referred to somewhere not right here as "Basinskiesque" with dusk/twilight aligning tantalizingly with the ol' day-ending mental whistle-blow and snow drifts and billowing grays. Not sure what the 'Ski-Mask himself would say of the connotations I synth 'n sync up w/ mind-pics of Wisco's great many rotting farmhouses and fugue-state fields but it has been a bit since I've checked his new (whatever that means in his case) material. Until I get to it, Andrew Chalk's woodsleeve'd LP Goldenfall certainly did the trick just yesterday, with but three consecutive spins to hook my cheek to the crystals of nostalgia gettin' blown 'bout therein. Neon Pearl reissue on Acme, the Witch Shadoks reissue, Elephat Micah, and the new Dead C/Hi God People twelver have all been getting plenty spin as well 'round these rugs. Plenty of teardrop refraction to all the blot and beat within these fine disks, I must say.

And shit, I don't know but I guess I just really gotta mention the Natural Snow Buildings 2CDR. This is the pinnacle of gland-tugging weepish-redeye prostrate-at-the-quilt drone that I've had pleasure of in the past bit. I mean pure dramalite hot chocolate bliss. Animal Psi spoke of it some time ago, and crap, Sigur Ros is mentioned so I guess I'd better rip a copy for my Mom and eat some cream cheese brownies. It's backseat-of-the-family-car fantastic. Hope for that Time-lag reissue, I guess, 'cause it's apparently true that there are only 19 copies and I e-mailed faster than you to get one. I'm not sure if I feel obligated to post a track or what, shit I guess I will. There's 25 of 'em, and all good so here's but a tease of that mixing bowl.

Natural Snow Buildings - Dance of the Moon and the Sun - (YSI link) [if you wanna I take this down, just please tell me good sirrah... quincyhoist (grout) gmail (merkin) com.]

And for the record I haven't gone totally eyeliner droop on you. I certainly crave the Vitamin D-synthesis-ability to be able to handle all the Project Pat et al, but dammit my man-moon is hoverin' just right this week so cut me some slack.

Also pleeze remember if you're not a total choad to tune into WSUM (streamable) or 91.7FM in the lesser Madison area this Friday, 1/26, for near-cherry on-airy debasement. Do 'er. Pleeze. Justify my drudge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home