Monday, July 30, 2007

Heatslave

And damn. I figured everybody might be spending more time working on reddening up their flesh or at least porchifying their lives during this time of year, but here I come ready to play nice in the gentle wave pool of the internets and Monsieur Rettman goes and turns it in or something. I'm sure dude has his reasons; fuck he doesn't really need a reason, but I hope his spew continues to seep from varied sources on occasion. Time will tell. Time never shuts up.

In his stead I can at least offer solace on the local level as beloved Franc is upping his ante. Unchained on his own unedited and ununderwritten endeavor, he's favored pick 'round here to "run the game", which in Madison blogosphere terms is most like a dented Mouse Trap with half the pieces missing or cracked, but I can picture him diligently working a lighter underneath some plastic army men, trying to fuse some extra cage-links out of repurposed green bazooka-chunks. Hope remains.

Summer reading aside, I'm buffing a few "pieces" (of crap, natch) to uphold my promise of content-gush. Radio playlists and casts will resume after this Friday. In the short term meantime, a brief overview of what I "feel" I've been listening to most lately:

Charlie Parker - Laird Bird 4CD - Quadromania
Pink Reason - Cleaning the Mirror - Siltbreeze (yup, still!)
Blues Control - Puff - Woodsist (ditto!)
The Go-Betweens - 16 Lovers Lane - Jet Set
V/A - Box of Dub - Soul Jazz
CV313 - Dimensional Space - Echospace

Shocked? Thought Nought. More soon! Haggard smiles!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Franc communauté financière d'Afrique said...

the new M.O. is to write "articles"--then splatter the debris. So yeah, it's the opposite of editing. There may be a lull for the next few days while we drink ourselves to sleep in the name of journalism, among other things.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home