Thursday, April 05, 2007

Pink Reason @ the Klinic TONITE, Madison lapdogs attend!

Rarely do I get meaty about local haps; much as I love this town (and 8 years deep, I'd better I suppose), my fave thing to love about it is generally hoarding slabs in my apartment with a sixer, as if I hadn't been clear enough already. Still, from time to time people much greater then I set up worthwhile occurrences that I get to claim witness to without lifting any kind of community finger (aside from mebbe dishing out a fiver or some such).

Some time ago I got wind of Green Bay dude(s) Pink Reason. While their physical output at the time was not somethin' I was able to snag through means I was knowing enough to take, their myspaz offered up a few choice cuts and there was some live action on WFMU. All showing total proof that Green Bay somehow proved good... some folks obviously doin' right while I was up there squandering time makin' cardboard and slouching at the Townline (cruisin' Main was no option for someone with night vision such as myself). Not that indications didn't point to possibly similar pastimes for the heads responsible. Threadbare basement couches and dusty Blatz mirrors sprang to mind. Musty dogs. Have I seen this dude on South Broadway? It just kinda sounds like one mighta.

Since then they've put out a full-ass album on everlovin' Siltbreeze. THAT Siltbreeze. Straight up honesty: I haven't snagged that yet either. I was kinda waiting to pick it up in person. Up 'til now I've had but the above-mentioned samples of Pink pudding to placate my perceptions.

Well, the pudding is proving itself in the flesh tonight, when the Raison d'Pink will sully themselves at the Klinic at 9pm. Details at the Daily Page, 'cause I just ain't got the time right now. All I know is they better have some hardcopies of their chuuch of lurch style sonix in the pink for a hardbody such as myself. And many thanks to Ivan for reminding me about this. I've been too engrossed in staring at the holes developing in my jean-crotch to remember to check my calendar and remember these damn things. See you tonight, bluddy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for the interest. Unfortunately our show last night was quite a bust. Our bass player got too wasted. That lineup was unique to that show and the one the night before in Milwaukee. We put this lineup togeather on Tuesday and only practiced the day before our first show. Anyway, we'll be back in Madison sometime and hopefully with more coherant results. This shit happens.

-k (pr)

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home