Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Wreckoning, Pt 12

In a flailin' attempt at more than some ellipses and codewordz...

Looks like bunches of lightning struck right around our house last nite. Woke up at 3am to terrifying ruckus from the skies, wasn't sure whether to close the windows so demons couldn't enter or leave 'em open so pressure wouldn't blow 'em on our trembling bodies. Opted for the latter. No wonder all those spiders made a dash for our bathroom.

Slower lab day gave me some time to fuck about on the internet, such as now. Interesting things I saw:

Pitchfork does one of its occassionally redeemable articles (oooooh) w/ the Keith Fullerton Whitman interview. Not actually super-informative, but I just always dig the dudes phrasing. The only album of his I ever owned was Playthroughs, which I liked a lot. I use past tense 'cause I lost it, and it still irks me. I've been frozen tryin' to decide whether I should get another copy of that, one of his other equally recommended jawns, or plunge and get a trifecta. Anywayz, that one was one of my first drone albums and was all taut tonal interweave, from what I recall. I remember listening to it while donating plasma and feeling kinda, I dunno, replicant. Other redeemable Pitchfork works are the Six Organs of Admittance features. Those seem to turn out nice.

Also of note, the Fader linked to a producer of jewelry and such that makes these. I have daydreamed for some time now of a pendant w/ da U.P. prominently featured. I guess I'd be happy to rep the whole state. And the diamond-on-yr-birthcity? Gushtastic. Look for yours truly to be reppin' to the fullest whenever it is I ain't broke no' mo'.

Awright, chumps... I really gotta get back at this game called life. Go make fun of Canada or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home