Sunday, June 11, 2006

Back Like Unsightly Tan Lines

Yeah sorry I'm lazy, but goddamit if I haven't been sleeping awesome this past week hiding out from all manner of outburst. I know you, though, and yr hungry. So it's time to feed. Naw, I'm not gonna bore you with further discussion of how fuckin' sick I got in Seattle... needless to say, I puked in the nicest bathroom I'll likely ever puke in. And monkfish is delicious, in spite of their ugly mugs. There's a summary, send it to the presses.

Now, what I wanna say today is this: Runners highs are the new illicit drug of choice. Before you think I'm goin' all straight on you, worry not. But seriously, when you get to the stage of consumption where paranoia is par for the course it can be helpful to find ways to fuck yr ass up without all the messy guilt.

So yesterday Laura and I suited down and took off on a six mile run. Man, never have I felt so badass in my life then finishing that puppy. Granted I've got crazy loinache action today but you need to know that the purge of the run is second to none. I felt like I could tell Gandhi off without any psychic repurcussions. I was pure, motherfucker. And with the calories I burned I had no qualms downing some thick 'n rich ice cream and half a sixer while sitting on my ass watching Lost all evening.

Next item: Ethiopiques Volume 4. Check it. All but 2 tracks are by Mulatu Astatqe so type that in yr search bar and smoke it. I fuck with you not, son... this shit is not only the summer jam of choice, but I can already see it seeping deep into the fall with it's orangish hues and wailing melancholy moments. Invigorating, steamy, and cozy all at once.

And yeah... I know I mentioned the This Heat box in posts past. Well, it's out. My copy is probably somewhere over the Atlantic en route... I was gettin' worried since I put my order in 2 months ago. Well, Forced Exposure, Other Music, and Aquarius all got it and so should you. I think. I haven't heard it yet. But stay tuned for raving. Most likely. 'Cause it's supposed to be just sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home