Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ah, the beautiful outdoors

My posts here can more or less be broken down into two classes:

  1. I have nothing to say that's really interesting, 'cause I've just been doing homework and working or whatever. As such, my post is basically a freeform pastiche of whatever random "feelings" I happen to type out. "Expressionisticish", only about, like, about beef jerky, "school sucks", etc.
  2. I actually did something that is exciting (to me, at the very least), but have no inkling on how to develop a coherent narration of this event. I mean, I know damn well that said event isn't going to be as awesome for you to read about. If you are reading this, you must be really goddam bored anyways and a poorly phrased retelling of how I totally blew minds mp3/dee-jaying (all 3 of them in the bar) will just make you wish I was there in person so you could tell me to shut up or maybe link to something better to read.
Okay then, last night was so officially fucking insane and awesome that rather then attempt to recount things, I will offer several bullet points to quickly and efficiently list highlights that you might move on to read recipes for turducken and stuff.

  • Rathskellar brew, the Union terrace, 80 degrees, 3:30 on Friday afternoon is pretty much recommended as the ultimate way to shed those asshole weekdays, purgin' and emergin' with the seasons first sun/beer hybrid buzz -- take care, as it's a fine line to that drunkish-with-a-head-that-feels-like-boiled-cabbage delerium.
  • To carry on Season's Firsts, it is a very special occasion indeed when the sun-dappled mudpit of a front yard that is the Bucholdtz-Bucholtz-Reese residence is graced with longnecks, the filth is brushed from the grill, and bratwurst are delivered to the yearning maws of those in attendance. To be repeated many times over the coming months.
  • I really don't know what to say about the limo-party-bus thing. I am glad that I can drink Pabst and Crown Royal in a moving vehicle without incident. I have never had the chance to do "the worm" on a freeway before. This was awesome and also when we started getting drunk enough to do things like pour beers over each others heads while in costly rented transportation. But I mean, you're in a fucking limo bus thing. You have to do that.
  • Okay, Le Tigre Lounge is not really where I wanna hang. I think the girls in attendance found great appeal in the camp aspect, but I just felt like I was drinking in a strip mall next to an auto parts place and within 100 meters of both an Ace Hardware and a Home Depot, with a bathroom that was back by the loading docks where guys with odd Canadian-backwoods-Wisco slurred combo accents say vaguely menacing things when you open the bathroom door and they're peeing but it's totally a big bathroom that multiple people can be in but he's right I guess 'cause this is his stomping ground and Christ those horizontal venetian blinds up front make me want to shack up off of a county road with a double-letter name (perhaps "JJ") in a peeling farmhouse and smoke Ligget menthols and slowly shrivel and yeah it's funny that we're stranded 'cause the limo bus thing dropped its muffler but when's it coming back so we can move on to...
  • The Klinic. Okay this bar is kinda uber-sketchy, but the Drifless Pony Club hasn't graced us in, like, 12 years or something and they really took my mind off of the neon hypo needle and the (newly installed?) stripper pole. I can't remember much more than really enjoying this 'cause I was fucking drunk okay? But not too drunk for
  • Afterbar. Afterbar. Afterbar. I'm pissed that S'nM finally downloaded that new Prince song that's supposed to be pretty awesome but then they skipped it on the playlist but whatever, the tube busted in the speaker so everything sounded underwater anyways. I would like to thank Sam for his morning-saving pizza ordering tactics and Liz for sharing many a cigarette with me. My mouth hurts like hell today.
Dammit, I don't think that really worked like I said it would. Those are rambling bullet points, but fuck it you loved them. I am still going to whine about classwork, 'cause I'm going to go work on a lab report and it's so beautiful outside that if you know of an emoticon for "consumed with bitterness" you should let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home