Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Oft Balanced

I've been on and off kilter this past week. Work is winding down and I am not sure if I will have a job this semester of school. Which would be weird... I've had a job pretty much constantly since I had a paper route in like 8th grade.

Man, the paper route. That was a crappy job. But it bought me many skate decks, enormous pairs of pants and shorts, and CDs of varying quality. Totally made me cool enough to get my first smooch off on the 'wilderness trail' down the street from the school. I think I ate face. Hell, I might still eat face.

So, work... it's a bit weird 'cause I'm dragging out the last bit of work I have so I don't wind up working 2 full weeks with absolutely nothing to do or something like that. I might be coming back to this job in January for a few months if my bosses get the grant I'm working under renewed. I'm scheduled for 18 credits for now but might drop something if I wind up getting a job.

My internal debate about this whole work thing: I am a lousy budgeter, as my lovely girlfriend could tell ya'. My major problem is buying music. I am sure any number of you would tell me that it is common practice to, y'know, get mp3s of stuff. No. That is not what I do. But if I don't work, I'ma obviously have to cut back even more than I have on these fine musical goods. I plan on trying to occupy myself with something productive like getting a professional job lined up for next summer but we'll see how fun that is compared with tracking down out of print Tony Conrad sides or what have you.

I will end this most vapid of posts (sorry, somebody brought free sandwiches in for lunch today so I ate my lunch and then some, leading to a warm sleepy feeling right now) with a cryptic statement that I have a vaguely planned project of intederminate timeline in my head and I'll be posting more soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home