Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Crouch if you must

We're trying not to break our new apartment, but it is certainly schooling us in many directions. Never have I had to realize again and again that simple things don't just work. We have had an alarming amount of bathroom-challenges in the few days we've been here. Today the rear tank of the toilet was flooding! The floater ball-thing popped offa the lever-arm thing! Now I am somehow terrified of what might be going on in the dishwasher. Or that the A/C will start converting air to Zyklon-B. It could happen... air is a fluid. Much like liquids are fluids. Call me a pundit.

On the ups, we got a purple chair today. Laura wanna go with a straight "gay grandad" aesthetic and I am so down. I still haven't managed to put together my damn stereo, but every day I'm a bit closer to that sweet ecstatic communi0n with my earholes. Until then, I have the unending companionship of Red Stripe hipster beer. It is totally my jam this summer. And we do have a little CD player on the loft level, so I can at least listen to some Thelonious to make me hate the unpacking a little less each evening.

Soon we'll even go grocery shopping. And then begins my quest to quook. I could post photos of my past Pad Thai attempts but you would ask what's up with the stroganoff. Enuff. My DiGiorno should be done right now, and I need another Red Stripe.

P.S. -- Thanks to whomever didn't proteck they wireless neck. Boo to "citywide" wifi. Boost that shit. I'm gonna build a signal boost antenna w/ a Dinty Moore can with the quickness, cross your fingers or get gravy on your toes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home